El Questro Station Trade Information
The Station offers two types of accommodation - air conditioned Bungalows and Riverside Camping. The Station is the heart of El Questro and is home to the Swinging Arm Bar and the famous Saturday Night BBQ under the stars.
Check-in/out timesCheck in is at 2.00pm / Check out is at 10.00am.
Location/AccessEl Questro is situated in the East Kimberley, 160km west of Kununurra by road. Kununurra is services by regular schedule domestic fights via Perth, Darwin or Broome. El Questro has two airstrips.
El Questro is open from the beginning of April through to the end of October.
- Self-drive travelers
- Families and groups seeking immersion in The Kimberley
AccommodationThe Station has 12 air-conditioned rooms - Garden and Riverview. Private Riverside Camping and a general campground are also located at The Station.
ExperiencesThe Wilderness Park Permit gives access to:
- Champagne Springs
- El Questro Gorge
- Zebedee Springs
- Amalia Gorge
- Emma Gorge
- Moonshine Gorge
- Several 4WD tracks
- Chamberlain Gorge cruises
- Bush tucker and El Questro history tour
- Bird watching tour
- Guided barramundi fishing tour
- Self-drive boating
- Horse rides
- Helicopter scenic flights
- Saddleback Ridge sunset tour
- Cockburn Range 4WD circuit
What's IncludedRoom only. All guests are required to purchase the compulsory Wilderness Park Permit at time of booking. The Wilderness Park Permit is valid for up to 7 days. Children 12 years and under are complimentary.
Unique Selling Points
- 700,000 acres to explore
- Freedom to experience the outdoors
- Diversity of experiences with touring, cruising and a chance to experience local culture and history
- Authentic Australian Cuisine at The Steakhouse Restaurant
- Socialise with fellow guests and locals at the Swinging Arm Bar
- The Station offers air-conditioned room and camping accommodation in the hub of El Questro Wilderness park
- Must do stop on the Broome to Kununurra run (Gibb River Road)
Eat & DrinkThe Steakhouse Restaurant overlooks the Pentecost River and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With a children's menu available, the Steakhouse Restaurant is perfect for the whole family.
The Swinging Arm Bar operates seasonally from mid-May to mid-September and is open every day from 10am. The Grill is open on select nights and offering burgers, fries, dips and more.
Swinging Arm Bar Grill Menu
Picnic hampers are available to take on a day out.
NatureLife on earth is most diverse in the tropics, and the Kimberley region is no exception. Birds, mammals, reptiles, fish and invertebrates are abundant. The Kimberley really is bursting with an array of exotic wildlife.
Bird watching is a must-do activity when visiting El Questro. Learn about the Top 20 birds in El Questro Wilderness Park.
ImagesView our Image Gallery.
BrochureDelaware North Parks and Resorts Trade Brochure.
Contact InformationTelephone: 1800 837 168
Outside Australia: US Based Number: 716 276 0078
Facsimile: +61 3 9429 7270